When Reverend Owen died in 1922 the tiles were sold as part of his household effects and purchased by an antique dealer for 17 pounds. The dealer had the tiles auctioned off by Sotheby's and they were purchased by the British Museum for 1,420 pounds - quite a tidy profit for the dealer.
Most of the Tring Tiles are now in the British Museum in London, though two pieces are on display at the Victoria and Albert Museum.
Thirteen less highly decorated tiles are still in the church and can be seen in a special display case in the Emmie Hobbs room. These tiles, which show geometric patterns and floral designs, were made by the same craftsman in the Buckinghamshire village of Penn and date to the late 14th century.